EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

The Gallery of Maichan (updated 11/20/2016)

Show off your original artwork collection here! Create an online gallery and post your Stan Sakai portfolio drawings, original cover art, convention sketches, paintings, commissioned pieces, original pages, and whatever else you may have.

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

Re: The Gallery of Maichan (updated 11/20/2016)

Postby Stan Sakai » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:20 +0000

Maka wrote:I love the sketches. Isn't it so cool that we live close enough to take advantage of seeing Stan at his signings. And that stan is willing to sketch in our books for free? Amazing. Thanks for sharing! Peace, maka

I don't mind doing these elaborate drawings for friends at these small, local shows and craft fairs because there are usually not a lot of people there and I have more time.

However I can't do them at comic conventions because if I do it for one person a lot of others will want the same. So I do charge for them at comic cons, especially at San Diego. I do head or torso sketches of Usagi for a donation (currently, it is for The Hero Initiative), and anything more is considered a commission.
Stan Sakai
Sensei

Postby Maka » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:17 +0000

Stan Sakai wrote:
I don't mind doing these elaborate drawings for friends at these small, local shows and craft fairs because there are usually not a lot of people there and I have more time.

However I can't do them at comic conventions because if I do it for one person a lot of others will want the same. So I do charge for them at comic cons, especially at San Diego. I do head or torso sketches of Usagi for a donation (currently, it is for The Hero Initiative), and anything more is considered a commission.

Thanks for clarifying Stan. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for all the sketches you have done for all us fans throughout the years. They are special gifts for us. Peace, Maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Warren » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 +0000

Maka wrote:Isn't it so cool that we live close enough to take advantage of seeing Stan at his signings.

Yeah, good for you, mutter mutter... :lol: :wink:

Fantastic sketches. So full of energy.
Warren
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Postby Krash01 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 13:33 +0000

Very nice sketches, the gallery edition one is truly amazing, congrats!
Krash01

Postby RobbieOhio » Sun Jan 08, 2017 13:16 +0000

Maka wrote:Thanks for clarifying Stan. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for all the sketches you have done for all us fans throughout the years. They are special gifts for us. Peace, Maka

Hear, hear! Being here in Ohio, I've been very lucky to have met Stan several times over the past two decades, most recently this past fall in Columbus OH. Very grateful for the time that he spends away from home travelling back east to meet us. And, I'm always thankful and amazed by his sketches in our Usagi hardcovers and trades!

Thank you, Sensei!!
---
Robbie, Canton OH
RobbieOhio

Previous

Return to Stan Sakai Art Gallery