EnglishFrenchJapaneseKorean
Powered by Translate
Stay in the Loop: (newsletter signup form)

New Samurai Jack coming soon

Off topic forum! Feel free to discuss anything non-Usagi related or that doesn't fit within the parameters of the General Discussion forums. Gotta talk about the latest Sci-Fi flick? Need help with your homework? Want to post an announcement of a personal nature? Then here's where you do it!

Moderators: Steve Hubbell, Mayhem, Moderators

New Samurai Jack coming soon

Postby Jet_Jaguar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 17:54 +0000

"It doesn't matter whom you are paired against;
your opponent is always yourself."

-Nakamura (via Joe R. Lansdale's Mucho Mojo)
Jet_Jaguar
Shugyosha<Student Warrior>

Re: New Samurai Jack coming soon

Postby BuckRogers » Mon Feb 06, 2017 23:42 +0000

Jet_Jaguar wrote:Really looking forward to this:

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog ... im-toonami

OHHHH! It's finally coming out!

We sooooooo love Samurai Jack in my house. Cannot wait!
The Credit Belongs to the Man Who is Actually in the Arena ....
BuckRogers

Postby maichan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 14:56 +0000

I am so glad to read this. One of my favorite animated series ever. I can not wait for it to air. :D
Michael < Maichan ~ wandering Ronin, and part-time Yokai Hunter: Let me quell your Demons >
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

My Usagi Collection
maichan

Postby Gaffey » Sun Mar 12, 2017 19:17 +0000

That wasn't what I was expecting. It was a bit weird to me. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if it grows on me. I did like the 7 young Aku girls. I thought they were little catwomen.
Gaffey
Hatamoto<Special Retainer>

Postby Trevis Woods » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:02 +0000

We watched the premiere at our house Saturday night and it was amazing.
Visually stunning and cinematic as always. Genndy and his team always do amazing work and it is no wonder they won Emmy's for their previous work on Samurai Jack.

I loved how they have jumped 50 years into the future and love the direction they are heading.
It will be 10 episodes that are the equivalent of one big movie. These 10 episodes will wrap up the story and it will be Genndy's final Samurai Jack creation. Each episode feeds into the next with no stand alone stories. Telling the final 10 as one complete story is a great idea and allows for a finish line focus in the story telling.
That being said it was clear in the first episode that Jack has lost his purpose and feels hopeless after Aku destroyed all the time portals and he is now cursed by not growing older. This leaves him immortal with no purpose, seemingly no Aku to defeat and no direction or way back home. It should be an interesting journey for the character! Genndy said by episode 5 we will have a clear vision of where Jack is headed for the back half of the final season.

It really is an amazing show and there hasn't been anything like it on TV.
I would love to see Genndy provide a foreword in an upcoming HC edition of Usagi
Jack and Usagi are very, very similar characters.
Trevis Woods

Postby Gaffey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:53 +0000

Maybe I'm just not an anime fan. Is it even considered anime? I can't stand One Piece and people seem to love it. I did enjoy Samurai Jack way more than that show. The Sammy Davis Jr. samurai bugged me though. :lol:
Gaffey

Postby coolray85 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 18:48 +0000

I have watched the first new episode of samurai jack as well...it was marvelous and just sweet soulfood for animation lovers (as is usually the case with this terrific show)...I want to echo the wish to see genndy tartakovsky being asked to write an intro to a usagi tpb one day.
coolray85

Postby BuckRogers » Tue Mar 14, 2017 0:06 +0000

Ahhhh! I do not have cable so will have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Cannot wait to see it.

Sounds like they will probably release it as a continuous movie as well with the format, eh?

And yes, Genndy would be a HUGELY great person to write an intro. Even though I believe Stan said that he did not follow Samurai Jack too closely in the past, there is so much potential for crossover.
BuckRogers

Postby Maka » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 +0000

I have never seen Samurai Jack. Because so many of you endorse it and I trust your taste, I'll add it to my list. I currently on the second season of he Legend of Korra (Amazon Prime) and vol. 5 (on iTunes) of Steven Universe. I love them both. So when I'm done catching up on those, Samurai Jack will be next. Thanks. Peace, maka
Maka
Daimyo <High-Ranking Lord>

Postby Trevis Woods » Tue Mar 14, 2017 20:51 +0000

Maka wrote:I have never seen Samurai Jack. Because so many of you endorse it and I trust your taste, I'll add it to my list. I currently on the second season of he Legend of Korra (Amazon Prime) and vol. 5 (on iTunes) of Steven Universe. I love them both. So when I'm done catching up on those, Samurai Jack will be next. Thanks. Peace, maka

Best episodes in my opinion...
Episode 7-Three blind archers
Episode 3-beetle bot battle
Episode 19-Jack remembers his past
Episode 25-Jack and the 300 Spartans
Episode 27- Chicken Jack...hilarious and a great story idea
Episode 30- Jack vs a never ending graveyard of Zombies
Episode 37 & 38 two part birth of evil storyline
Episode 40 Jack vs the ninja. Amazing black and white battle scene

Tons of other great stuff but these are some of my favorites. There is one where bounty hunters team up to beat Jack and there is a great scene in that episode where he fights and defeats everybody while a single drop of water is falling during the battle. Can't remember the episode number but it was So good!
Trevis Woods

Postby jabba359 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 21:10 +0000

Maka wrote:I have never seen Samurai Jack. Because so many of you endorse it and I trust your taste, I'll add it to my list. I currently on the second season of he Legend of Korra (Amazon Prime) and vol. 5 (on iTunes) of Steven Universe. I love them both. So when I'm done catching up on those, Samurai Jack will be next. Thanks. Peace, maka

I haven't seen Samurai Jack yet either. Due to the many recommendations here on the Dojo, I will be correcting that oversight in the near future as well. I'm finishing up The Clone Wars (just the last, shortened season 6 to go), then perhaps this will go into my Netflix DVD queue.
-Kyle
jabba359

Postby BuckRogers » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 +0000

[quote="jabba359"][quote="Maka"]

Oh MAN!!! This is one of those times where I REALLY envy someone b/c of the awesomeness that they have in store for them.

Season 1-4 of Samurai Jack are just amazing!

(also loved the Clone Wars and we have just finished all the Avatars and the first three seasons of Korra and really like those as well).
BuckRogers

Postby Trevis Woods » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:36 +0000

Well I did not think it possible but the second episode in this new season was even more amazing than the first. If they continue at this pace my mind will explode by the 10th and final episode.
The animation was brilliant and the pacing and emotion were perfect...wow

On a side note, Star Wars Rebels was also on last night with a new episode. It is good but the episodes with a certain resurrected Sith character continuing his story from Clone Wars are sooooo good. We also got to see a certain New Hope character take on said (and somewhat redeemed) Sith.

Now to watch some new TMNT this morning in hopes of a glimpse of Usagi Yojimbo!
Trevis Woods

Postby BuckRogers » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:05 +0000

Trevis Woods wrote:Well I did not think it possible but the second episode in this new season was even more amazing than the first. If they continue at this pace my mind will explode by the 10th and final episode.
The animation was brilliant and the pacing and emotion were perfect...wow

On a side note, Star Wars Rebels was also on last night with a new episode. It is good but the episodes with a certain resurrected Sith character continuing his story from Clone Wars are sooooo good. We also got to see a certain New Hope character take on said (and somewhat redeemed) Sith.

Now to watch some new TMNT this morning in hopes of a glimpse of Usagi Yojimbo!

Oh man! Sounds so great!

We are finishing up Season 2 of Rebels and liking it much more than Season 1. Cannot wait to buy Season 3 whenever they release that on DVD!
BuckRogers

Postby Gaffey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 19:35 +0000

Episodes 2 and 3 were much better than the first. I'm going to stick with it.
Gaffey

Next

Return to Ronin Ramblings